To know the answer first of all you need to know more of them:
- The name ‘vegan’ comes from ‘vegan’ Anglicism created from ‘veganian’.
- November 1 is “World Vegan Day”.
- In their diet, vegans are strictly vegetarian and completely exclude any animal products.
- Vegans not might use animal products in clothing (as leather, wool, and silk), toiletries and similar.
- Avoid any product tested on animals: not on animal experiments.
- They reject shows where animals are used.
- Do not confuse veganism with environmentalism. The main difference between a vegan and vegetarian is that Veganism deals with each individual animal and its interests, while environmentalism is concerned with the conservation of species in general (both animal and plant).
- Wines, as same as other foods, use gelatins or products of animal origin, for example, for grapefruit juice. The Hispanobodegas’s wines and concretely of Bodegas Valdelacierva (Rioja) and Bodegas and Viñedos Gormaz (Ribera del Duero) are apt to be drunk by the vegans. ¿Do we toast with a 12 Linajes red wine of Ribera del Duero? Or Do we accompany any vegan recipe with a Valdelacierva Rosé wine from the Denomination of Origin Rioja?