The wines of Viñedos y Bodegas Gormaz (Ribera del Duero), Bodegas Valdelacierva (Rioja) and Bodegas GarciGrande (Rueda) receive the vegan certification.
Vegans exclude from their diet anything that comes from animal origin.
Madrid, June 2019.- Viñedos y Bodegas Gormaz, Bodegas Valdelacierva and Bodegas GarciGrande present their vegan wines. The wines 12 Linajes, Valdelacierva and Garcigrande have the necessary standards of excellence to receive the European certification, thanks to its production which excludes any ingredient of animal origin.
Can vegans drink wine?
In order to know the answer we must first know more about them:
- The name “vegan” comes from the “vegan” Anglicism created from “veganian”.
- In their diet, vegans are strictly vegetarian and completely exclude any products of animal origin.
- When it comes to their wardrobe, they totally reject that their clothing or footwear are made from animal fabrics.
- They avoid any product tested on animals.
- They reject shows that involve animals.
- Veganism should not be confused with environmentalism. They’re two distinct movements. Veganism is concerned for each animal individual and their interests, while environmentalism cares about the conservation of species in general (both animal and plant).
Wines, like other food, at some point in their production use jelly or animal products, for example, for the settling of musts.
If you are vegan but do not want to miss the opportunity to taste wines from the Ribera del Duero Soriana, 12 Linajes offers wines that are born from the terroir, from old and pre-phylloxera vineyards with a limited production with aging in French and American oak barrels, with a very intense and balanced nose in the mouth.
For those looking for different D.O.Ca Rioja wines who follow the mindfulness trend as a philosophy of life, Valdelacierva offers wines that were born from an artisanal production, with aromas of ripe red fruits sweet and full bodied with silky tannins, followed by a balanced mouthfeel and a long, rich aftertaste.
For the new generations, who care about choosing products that do not affect the environment, the GarciGrande range offers young and fresh D.O. Rueda wines, with vegetable aromas of fresh herbs and stone fruit and subtle entry into the mouth.