Viña Gormaz Crianza
The privilege of a unique nature. The elegant features and structure that distinguish this red Crianza have their origin in the nature of the Ribera del Duero soriana; particularly, in the combination of the soil strata of the different plots that make up its assembly. The altitude of the vineyards (about 1,000 meters above sea level), the contrast of temperature between day and night, soil poverty, limited yields and demanding viticultural criteria are some of the factors that allow us to select Tempranillo grapes with a high concentration of aromas and a clear varietal expression, which are ennobled with the aging of this roble.
Grape selection regarding the plots’ location and maturation degree. 85 % of the “coupage” is macerated for 10-12 days and is fermented at controlled temperatures bellow 26ºC. The remaining 15 % consists of wine that has undergone “controlled fermentation”, meaning that the must enters in contact with the grape skins for 2 or 3 days to be left to ferment at a controlled temperature of 20ºC before being blended with the main body of the batch in order to increase the aromatic strength of the wine.
Selected plots regarding location and vineyards age. Gobelet trained
Type of soil
Sand, clay and rolling stones
845 - 960 meters
70 years old
Bordeaux 75 cl
High end ruby red colour
Ripe fruit aromas, sweet, with hints of cocoa and roasted coffee
Round, sweet, with a long finish and a nice aftertaste